Click here to return to
3 Meadows Drive
Melrose, NY 12121
Built 1993 by current owners; designed by a Vermont architect, the home is
130' long and has many special and unique traits.
6Ī Acres in The Meadows, Pittstown, Rensselaer County, New York, a 28 lot
subdivision with town maintained highway, private 18 acre forever wild
recreation area bordering the Tomhannock Reservoir. The home is served by the
Brunswick Central (Brittonkill) School District. The school buses pick up and
drop off children on Meadows Drive.
360 degree panoramic views from the windows of the Tomhannock
Reservoir, the Green Mountains of Vermont, and the foot hills of the
- Vertical clear cedar siding with cedar shake accents
- Hand split cedar shake roof
- Marvin windows and doors; Velux skylights
- Heating and Air Conditioning by three Water Furnace geothermal heat pumps
- Propane fired hot water furnace with hot water circulating system for
hot water throughout the home
- Built in Nutone central vacuum system throughout the home
- 400 amp electrical service
- First Alert security system
- Time Warner cable TV; Roadrunner broadband cable internet access
- Deep drilled well with submersible pump and Kinetico water softener;
- Extensive natural and native stone landscaped flower beds/planters
- Vixen Hill cedar Gazebo
- Large chain-linked fenced in area for use children or pets play area
(includes a hot tub and raised flower/vegetable bed made from blue-stone
- Cedar sidewalks and decks on both the North and South side of the home -
including handicap access.
- 4 car garage - 3 bays are useable for cars, one is designed as a space for
garden equipment. All have electric door openers.
The home consists of the following rooms on the main living area: Living Room
and Elegant Entrance, Formal Dining Room, Breakfast Room, Kitchen, Den, Formal
Powder Room, Family Powder Room, and Master Suite which comprises the Master
Bedroom, a Retreat for relaxing,
and a huge double Master Bathroom.
Upstairs there are two extra large Guest Rooms, a Jack and Jill extra large
Guest Bathroom and a decorative balcony overlooks the kitchen and living room
below. There is also access to the Tower,
a fun place for looking out at the world.
The Lower Level has a finished section accessible from the Master Retreat
which can be used
as an exercise room or an office. There is also a Cedar Closet, Sauna and full
Bath on this level
as well as storage and workshop areas that run the full length of the house.
Living Room & Entrance
- Panoramic view of the Tomhannock Reservoir, the Green Mountains of
the foot hills of the Adirondacks.
- Unusual elliptical shape with dramatic ceiling reaching from 9' high to
- Two Casablanca "Stealth" ceiling fans with remote controls.
- Gas Fireplace with Chinese slate facing
- Dramatic lighting throughout the room including its use as an
architectural feature over the fireplace and other areas of the room.
- Large lighted niche with glass shelves to display curios
- Recessed niches for hanging works of art.
- Oak Flooring
- Built in speakers
- Mahogany Entrance Door
- Curved glass block entrance
- Great views, once again, on both sides of the dining room from a large
number of oversized windows.
- Door to North Deck
- Built in speakers
- Customized ceiling and lighting fixture designed and created specifically
- Sliding Doors open to North Deck
- Oak Floors with area rug; custom granite top breakfast table
- Custom coordinated Levolor vertical blinds with coordinated valance and
- Black and White Siematic kitchen custom made in Europe for this home
- White Corian counters
- White Corian vegetable sink with disposal and Grohe faucet
- Built in GE Monogram side by side refrigerator
- Thermidor cooktop and fan
- Thermidor double convection/bake/microwave oven
- Miele dishwasher
- Kohler sink with disposal & Grohe faucet
- Custom Lighting from a flyover and hand made aluminum light rails.
- Built in speakers
- 2 skylights
- Oak Floors
- Wall to Wall carpet
- Custom designed and created built-in desk with file draws and overhead
- Custom designed and created built-in closet/cabinet/bookcase which can be
used for stereo equipment.
Formal Powder Room
- Tile Floors
- Custom Kohler freestanding Bellamonte Console sink with Kohler
"Pillows" faucet and San Rafael water closet.
- Custom made-to-order Stained Glass Privacy Divider insert between sink and
water closet area.
- Custom Lighting and mirror.
Bedroom, Retreat/TV Room, Double Master Bath
- Great Views from windows in all areas of the suite.
- Special custom designed lighting in both the bedroom and bathroom areas.
- Oak Floors in Bedroom and Retreat.
- Casablanca "Stealth" ceiling fan in Bedroom area.
- Tile Floors throughout the Bath
- Wall to Wall carpet in His and Her Closets
- Separate large His & Her closets with custom wardrobes
- Separate His and Her water closets (Herís has a storage cabinet as well)
- Separate Kohler Linia sinks with unusual cabinetry, storage facilities,
Corian counter tops and unique lighting.
- Large double door linen closet
- Jacuzzi whirlpool 2 person tub with Rainbow spout.
- Open full ceramic tile shower with Grohe hand held shower, body sprays
- Retreat/TV room is cable ready for relaxed tv viewing or reading.
- Oak built-in book case with storage cabinet underneath
- Retreat/TV room has propane fired gas fireplace with custom woodwork and
marble surround and raised hearth.
- Retreat/TV room opens to private deck overlooking reservoir
- Retreat/TV room provides access to lower level by a custom designed spiral
Family/Guest informal Powder Room
(near the garage to kitchen entrance)
- Deep Fiberglass sink in storage cabinet
- Kohler watercloset
- Tile floors
from garage into kitchen)
- Extra large clothing closet
- Custom storage enclosed cabinetry
- Large utility closet with shelves, hooks, etc. and sliding doors for full
- Tile Floors
(goes from Kitchen area, passed Formal Powder Room
to Master Suite).
- Dramatic curved hallway with open and airy spaces .
- Lighted corner art niche over black lacquer /laminate storage cabinet.
- George Nelson Design light fixtures light your path down the hallway.
- Tile Floors
- Custom Cabinetry with extra large hamper
- Built in Nutone ironing board
- Washer & Dryer
- Access for small tv on shelf.
- Tile Floor
- 4 Velux skylights
- Large casement windows
- Sliding door opens to South Deck
- Built in deep fiberglass sink with custom cabinetry
- Custom made aluminum plant hanger that runs the full length of the Room
- Sliding window between Sun Room and Laundry Room
- Glass door separating Laundry Room and Sun Room.
large Guest Bedrooms and a Jack/Jill extra large bathroom
- Mahogany stairway, with custom, hand made aluminum and corian handrail.
- Nightlights at top and bottom of stairway for safety.
- 2 Very large carpeted bedrooms with large closets, spectacular views; one
bedroom has built in storage cabinet.
- Casablanca ceiling fans in both bedrooms
- Velux skylight in dressing room area of bathroom.
- Shared dressing room with large Kohler tub, 2 Kohler sinks, tile floor
- Kohler Water Closet and shower in separate room
- Balcony overlooks living room and kitchen
- Custom, hand made aluminum ladder/stairway leads to a
Tower with 360 degree view and a platform for standing on and enjoying the
stairs lead from the Main Level to the carpeted Exercise Room/Office as well as
to the Sauna, another Full Bathroom, and the outdoor Hot Springs Hot Tub and
fenced yard. Access to the full basement storage areas is through the garage,
the main level stairs or the Retreat spiral staircase.
- Kohler fixtures
- Tile Floor
- Fiberglass large Shower
- Large Walk in closet
- Cedar walls & ceiling
- Carpeted Floor
Exercise Room or Office
- Accessed from basement hallway or circular stairway from Master Suite
- Designed as exercise room, but used as office.
- Built in storage cabinet/closet.
- French door to fenced private patio with Hot Springs hot tub and stone
- Full bath with tile floor
- Finlandia sauna with cedar walls, benches, tile floor
- Hot Springs brand of 4 person fiberglass hot tub.
- Full length of home basement with workshop and several rooms for different
activities or storage.
- Built in Vacumn Unit is in basement for quiet use.
- Vacumn outlets
- Deep Fiberglass sink for easy cleanups.
and South Decks
- Built in lighting
- Cedar Ramp for easy wheelchair (if necessary) access to grounds
- Access from kitchen by a screen door and sun room by sliding glass doors.
- Cedar decking
- Exterior water spigot.
- Full length of deck raised bed planter
- Triangular shaped planter adjacent to house.
- Cedar Ramp for easy wheelchair (if necessary) access to grounds between
Front Door and driveway
- Cedar stairs and walkway going from Front Door towards the Master Suite
end of the house.
Master Retreat Deck
- Access to Master Retreat Deck by sliding glass doors from Retreat.
- 4 Car garage with 4 separate doors and electric lifts - three are used for
cars; one is designed for garden equipment storage and access.
- 2 built in storage cabinets/closets
- Hot and cold water faucets
- Built in vacumn outlet
- Pull Down stairway to large lighted attic storage area.
- Carpeted entrance to Utility storage area, Family Powder Room, and
Click here to Return to Pictures